A Typical Engagement
Coaching is a vehicle to take you from where you are to where you want to be. It’s not therapy, counseling, or a course of instruction. It is a process of identifying – with a professional ally – who and where you are, who and where you want to be, and the steps to take to reach your destination, with an agreed accountability model so you keep your commitments to yourself.
Where and how I coach
- The first step is typically a half-hour consultation for both coach and client to get a sense of each other and whether we can comfortably work together.
- Assuming we decide to work together, we agree a monthly rate and schedule a two-hour intake session, charged at the agreed monthly rate. In the intake session we agree your starting point, values, goals and objectives, and how our relationship will work.
- We then work together for a minimum of three months, typically three forty-minute sessions per month. Other schedules – two one-hour sessions, for instance – are negotiable. After the initial three months, the relationship is renewed on a monthly basis, the average engagement being one year.
- Coaching is typically done by phone; in person where practicable. During a session we look at whatever issue is current, action items agreed to from previous sessions, stumbling blocks, goals for the next week. I use a variety of tools to help my clients achieve their goals, and bring more balance and fulfillment to their lives.
- When we agree that the relationship has reached its appropriate conclusion, we have a completion session to review what we’ve accomplished together, and to wrap up any loose ends.
Ready to explore further? Let’s have a chat. We can do a free sample session around a current issue, use the Wheel of Life, or answer questions about what coaching is all about.
To set up a chat, email me at [email protected].
Bespoke Workshops and In-house Team Development
- Held on-site, off-site, or via conference call, workshops and team development initiatives typically require multiple meetings up front where stakeholders in an organization identify the issue(s), agree the process, and specify desired outcomes.
- Once we’ve got clarity around the goals, we confirm the price (which can be based on an hourly, daily, or per-project rate depending on the size of the project and the needs of the client) and complete contractual arrangements.
- It is important to note that a pre-requisite is leadership buy-in, without which the type of change initiatives in which DSI specializes fall flat. Therefore at least one meeting will be held with appropriate executives prior to kickoff and one on completion to ensure full communication and transmittal of outcomes.
- Full written reports incur additional cost.
- Having completed an engagement or a significant piece of work with me, I invite a select number of clients annually to join a follow-on retreat for executives who want to continue the exploration, and at the same time develop a strong connection with other like-minded people who’ve had similar experiences.
- We go away together for 5 days in a place of simple beauty, where there’s time for relaxation and reflection as well as self-exploration, both alone and in the company of peers. These retreats are held around the world, and are by invitation only.
- If you’re interested, please call for more information.